At Secure Start® we offer a range of training opportunities for individuals and organisations. In addition to our CARE and Triple-A curricula, we can offer tailored training to your group or organisation. Our trainer and Principal Clinical Psychologist, Colby Pearce, delivers highly regarded training to professional and lay audiences in Australia, the UK, and Ireland.
We have five significant training and staff development endeavours being undertaken in 2021, alongside our psychotherapy practice:
- We are providing training and support in therapeutic care and practice as part of an Aboriginal kinship care initiative here in South Australia. This incorporates training for kinship carers, and ongoing support and supervision of kinship support workers. Training and supervision are drawn from the CARE Curriculum. For more information about the CARE Curriculum, click here.
- We are also returning to a regional school where, in 2020, we conducted a follow-up project incorporating child assessments and staff training along similar lines to that which was delivered some twelve years ago and referenced in Colby’s book about promoting resilience in children. For more information about our past project, click here.
- Colby is is continuing to offer regular supervision to staff of a local organisation in the delivery of trauma-responsive practice, which is an extension of a 2020 project funded via the Department for Human Services.
- Colby is booked to deliver training in trauma-responsive practice to staff of a local aboriginal community controlled organisation in South Australia; and
- Colby continues to offer online support for local trainers in Ireland who deliver the Triple-A Model of Therapeutic Care in the TUSLA Fostering Service in Donegal, and the CARE Curriculum in Donegal schools.
At this stage, and in consideration of Colby’s commitments in relation to the delivery of a psychotherapy service in Belair, Kadina, and Port Pirie, Colby will give preference to training associated with the development and maintenance of trauma-responsive practice in organisations.
To discuss the training needs of your group or organisation, contact us.