In this two-hour online workshop participants will be introduced to the CARE Model and how it supports optimal development and psychological outcomes for children and young people.
The format for delivery includes:
- verbal content
- video demonstrations
- structured reflections
At the conclusion of the workshop participants will have a framework for understanding how early adversity impacts developmental and psychological outcomes for children and young people, and be able to develop:
- a therapeutic care plan that supports recovery from a tough start to life, and
- a self-care plan that supports caregiver implementation of the therapeutic care plan.
The workshop is suitable for parents and other caregivers (eg teachers, educators, kinship carers, foster carers, adoptive parents, social care workers, youth workers) of children who are recovering from a tough start to life, and professionals who support them.
- There are no prior training pre-requisites
- Participants will need to be able to access the online workshop via a computer or other device with a camera and microphone that is connected to the internet and will run Zoom Meetings.
- A handout for developing a therapeutic care plan
- A handout for developing a self-care plan
- A comprehensive handbook
- (AUD) $88:00 (GST-inclusive) – for bookings made before 27/3/20
- (AUD) $110:00 (GST-inclusive) – for bookings made 28/3/20-24/4/20
Currency Calculator: https://www.calculator.net/currency-calculator.html
Dates and Times:
- 29/4/20, 10am – 12pm
Please note, unless recorded otherwise, all dates and times at in Australian Central Standard Time.
Registrations close 5pm 24/4/20.
Places are limited. However, Secure Start reserves the right to cancel a workshop where there are insufficient registrants. In such instances, registrants will have the option of transferring their registration to another date, or receive a full refund.
- Secure Start has a strict no refund policy.
- In some instances, registration is transferable to another person (please contact us for more information)
- In reasonable circumstances, registrants who are unable to attend on the day might be able to re-register for a later workshop. Please contact us for more information.
- For confidentiality purposes, our online workshops are not recorded and are not available for sale as a digital file.
- In the unlikely event that the workshop cannot proceed due to illness of the presenter or technical failure at Secure Start, registrants will have the opportunity to transfer their registration to another date, or receive a full refund.