Committed to strong families, resilient children and informed organisations
Hi! My name is Colby Pearce and I am the owner/operator of Secure Start®. Through Secure Start I offer a range of services, including:
- Psychological intervention for children, teens and families;
- Consultancy services in child protection, out-of-home care and mental health service provision;
- Teaching, training and supervision; and
- Program development, implementation and evaluation.
Across more than twenty-five years I have contributed to professional and community knowledge and practices in the areas of:
- Teen mental health and suicide prevention;
- Childhood attachment and resilience;
- Psychological intervention with children who have experienced abuse, neglect and family/relationship trauma; and
- Therapeutic care and management of children and teens.
In addition to my day-to-day consultations with children, teens and families, I am currently working on two major projects:
- The implementation of the CARE* Therapeutic Framework in Relative/Kinship Care in South Australia; and
- The implementation of the Triple-A Model of Care among TUSLA foster carers in Donegal, Ireland.
Access Triple-A Flier here.
Access CARE Flier here.
Most recently, and in keeping with my longstanding interest in supporting consistency of care and management between home and school for children who are recovering from trauma at home, I developed two new complementary resources for trauma-informed, therapeutic care in the home and school settings. Click on each image to learn more and/or to access the resource.
*Pearce, C (2016), A Short Introduction to Attachment and Attachment Disorder (Second Edition), London: Jessica Kingsley