This implementation will involve a sequence of weekly, one-hour online sessions using Zoom Meetings.
In order to participate, you will need a computer or other device (eg ipad, tablet, smartphone) that is connected to the internet and has a camera and microphone .
Across the seven, weekly implementation sessions we will cover the following:
Week One: (29/4/20)
- What is ‘Therapeutic Care
Week Two: (6/5/20)
- Why relationships are so important
- Self-Care Part 1
Week Three: (13/5/20)
- Consistency Matters
Week Four: (20/5/20)
- Addressing Accessibility Concerns
Week Five: (27/5/20)
- Responsiveness Part 1 – The significance of being heard
Week Six (3/6/20)
- Responsiveness Part 2 – Proactive Needs Provision
Week Seven: (10/6/20)
- Emotional Connectedness – Togetherness
- Self-Care Part 2
During our sessions we will cover what you need to know about a child who is recovering from a tough start to life, and how to help them recover and achieve their developmental potential. We will establish:
- A Therapeutic CARE Plan
- A Self-Care Plan
Our weekly online training sessions will start at 7pm and finish at 8pm. Times are in Australian Central Standard Time – Adelaide. Please be careful when identifying the equivalent time in your location.
Who is it for?
- Kinship Carers
- Relative Foster Carers
How much does it cost?
Early Bird Rate:
- (AUD)$210 (All Inclusive) – for booking made until 17/4/20
- (AUD)$245 (All Inclusive) – for bookings made between 18/4/20 & 24/4/20
Currency Calculator: https://www.calculator.net/currency-calculator.html
Places are limited to 20 attendees. However, Secure Start reserves the right to cancel a workshop where there are insufficient registrants. In such instances, registrants will have the option of transferring their registration to another training series, or receive a full refund.
- All Handouts (PDF)
- Comprehensive Handbook (PDF)
Registrations close Friday the 24th of April at 5pm.
- Secure Start has a strict no refund policy.
- In some instances, registration is transferable to another person (please contact us for more information)
- In reasonable circumstances, registrants who are unable to attend on the day might be able to re-register for a later workshop. Please contact us for more information.
- For confidentiality purposes, our online workshops are not recorded and are not available for sale as a digital file.
- In the unlikely event that the workshop cannot proceed due to illness of the presenter or technical failure at Secure Start, arrangements will be made to reschedule the workshop to an equivalent day and time.